Key Lime Tarts - DiabeticFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- ¾ cup fat-free milk ( 1% or Skim ) shopping list
- 6 Tbs. fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- ½ cup cholesterol-free egg substitute shopping list
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream shopping list
- 12 packages sugar substitute or equivalent of ½ cup sugar shopping list
- 4 sheets phyllo dough* shopping list
- butter-flavored non-stick cooking spray shopping list
- ¾ cup thawed fat-free non-dairy whipped topping shopping list
- *Cover with a damp towel to prevent dough from drying out. shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together milk, lime juice and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat.
- Add egg substitute; whisk constantly for 30 seconds to allow egg substitute to cook. Stir in sour cream and sugar substitute; cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8 ( 2 ½ inch ) muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough on a cutting board; spray with cooking spray. Top with second sheet of phyllo dough; spray with cooking spray. Top with third sheet of phyllo dough; spray. Top with last sheet; spray with cooking spray.
- Cut stack of phyllo dough into 8 squares. Gently fit each stacked square into prepared muffin cups; press firmly against bottom and side. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove from muffin cups; cool on wire rack.
- Divide lime mixture evenly among phyllo cups; top with whipped topping. Garnish with fresh raspberries, orange peel and lime slices, if desired.
- Diabetic Friendly
- Nutritional Values: Serving size 1 cup, Calories per serving: 82, Sodium: 88mg, Carbohydrate: 13g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Fat: 1g, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 3g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating8 people
hey Ed!! how r u?.. i'm tired.. but good.. HIGH FIVE FORKS!!! WML:)snowcat17 in Milwaukee loved it
high 5!lanabade in Goshen loved it
Thanks so much for this one. Maybe I can afford to have dessert more often thanks to you. a 5 from me.tablescape in loved it
Party Food316 members
Anything Goes289 members
Appetizers And Dips269 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place159 members
Party Foods24 members
Heres The FoodWheres The Party14 members
Appetizers A Gogo44 members
A Fruity World45 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Parties Potluck And Picnics18 members