Corn and Crab ChowderFrom carmenbigred 7 years ago
- 2tbs. butter shopping list
- 1tbs. vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 med. potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes shopping list
- 1 med. onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 celery ribs, chopped shopping list
- 1/2c. chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 4tsp. Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1 Bay leaf shopping list
- 1/4c. flour shopping list
- 4c. half and half shopping list
- 2c. chicken broth shopping list
- 3c. fresh or frozen corn kernals shopping list
- 8oz. lump crabmeat shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter and oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add potatoes, onion, celery, bell pepper, Old Bay seasoning and bay leaf; cook and stir 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with flour; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in half and half and chicken broth. Bring to boil. Add corn and crabmeat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf before serving.
- If you like a thinner chowder substitute with 4c. whole milk....