Deep-fried Feta Cheese with Cranberry SauceFrom choclytcandy 6 years ago
- 2 blocks of feta cheese (½ lb / 225g each) shopping list
- ca. 1½ cups / 150g bread crumbs shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- vegetable oil for deep-frying shopping list
- 12 oz / 350g fresh cranberries shopping list
- 2 oz / 60g fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin slices shopping list
- ½ cup / 100g sugar shopping list
- 1/8 tsp salt shopping list
- ½ cup / 125ml port shopping list
- ½ cup / 125ml water shopping list
- zest of 1 orange shopping list
- parsley as garnish shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Lightly whisk the eggs
- 2.Cut the Feta chese into ½ in / ca. 1cm thick slices
- 3.Bread the cheese slices by first covering them with egg and then dredging them in the breadcrumbs. Repeat 1-2 times until the cheese is well covered with breading. Set aside.
- 4.Set heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sugar and cook until lightly browned.
- 5.Add sliced ginger. Cook until it starts to soften.
- 6.Add cranberries and salt, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 7.Add water and port wine. Cover and cook until the cranberry sauce is thick and smooth. Reduce heat after a few minutes.
- 8.If the sauce is getting too thick, add a bit of water
- 9.Deep-fry the feta cheese pieces until golden brown.
- 10.Serve the deep-fried breaded feta topped with cranberry sauce and fresh parsley
The Cookchoclytcandy IN
The Rating2 people
I think this would beat your typical mozzarella breadstixfloridiangourmet in Hudson loved it