Italian Style Soup With Turkey SausageFrom carmenbigred 6 years ago
- 1tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 8oz. sweet or hot Italian style turkey sausage, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices shopping list
- 1/2c. chopped onion shopping list
- 32oz. reduced sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 can. red kidney beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1 can. no salt added tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1tsp. oregano shopping list
- 1tsp. rosemary, finely crushed shopping list
- 1tsp. thyme shopping list
- 6oz. package baby spinach leaves; may use frozen spinach shopping list
- 1/2c. uncooked mini bowtie pasta shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes longer or until onion is tender and sausage is browned.
- Pour chicken broth, beans and tomatoes into saucepan. Stir in all seasonings. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and pasta. Return to boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.