White Bean Soup With Sweet Italian SausageFrom carmenbigred 6 years ago
- 1tbs. mixed picking spice shopping list
- 2 cans. cannellini beans, drained, divided shopping list
- 1/2lb. mild (sweet) Italian sausage, crumbled shopping list
- 1c. chopped onion shopping list
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 cans (14-1/2oz. each) chicken broth shopping list
- 1tsp. rubbed sage shopping list
- 1/4lb. turnip greens, kale, or collard greens; stems and center ribs discarded, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Place the pickling spice in the center of a piece of cheesecloth or may use a coffee filter. Tie tightly with long piece of string. Mash 1 can of beans in medium bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook and stir sausage, onion, carrots and garlic in 4 quart Dutch oven on medium heat until sausage is cooked and vegetables are softened. Add mashed beans, broth, pickling spice bundle, sage and greens.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 20 minutes or until greens are tender. Stir in remanining can of beans. Simmer 5 minutes longer.
- Remove pickling spice bundle before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- carmenbigred Columbia, SC
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔