Chili with Pork and YamsFrom mbelisle 7 years ago
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 lb boneless pork loin, cubed about 3/4" shopping list
- 4 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth or water with OXO chicken cubes shopping list
- 2 -3 yams peeled and cut into cubes - about 6 cups shopping list
- 2 cans of beans (any kind you like) drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2 cans diced tomatoes shopping list
- grated orange peel from one medium orange shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a non-stick pan and cook the onion for 3-4 minutes, until tender. Stir frequently to avoid burning.
- Add the pork and chili powder and cook, stirring constantly, until pork is no longer pink.
- If the pan is large enough, add remaining ingredients and simmer, covered, for 15 - 20 minutes until yam chunks are tender. If your pan isn't large enough, transfer the meat and onion mixture to a large pot such as a dutch oven to combine the ingredients and simmer that for 15 - 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
The Cookmbelisle Suva, Fiji
- Not added to any groups yet!