Potato Corn ChowderFrom jaki44 6 years ago
- 2 lbs. potatoes, cubed and divided (@ 6 medium) shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth (or 1 large carton) shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots shopping list
- 2 cans corn, drained shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme and some chives shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper shopping list
- 4 tble. flour shopping list
- 2 cups half & half (divided) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- monterey jack cheese shredded shopping list
- crumbled bacon for topping and tossing in shopping list
How to make it
- Combine half the potatoes with broth in saucepan with tight fitting lid. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Cook a few slices of bacon until crisp, Crumble and set aside.
- Mash potatoes with a fork; stir in remaining potatoes, carrots, corn, celery, onions, and next 3 ingredients. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Dissolve flour in 1/3 cup half & half; stir into chowder with remaining half & half and parsley. Cook, stirring constantly over medium heat until thickened slightly.
- Toss in some crumbled bacon bits. Serve topped with shredded monterey jack cheese and crumbled bacon.
The Cookjaki44 Tampa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!