Salisbury Steak with Brown GravyFrom littlesponger 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 pounds ground beef shopping list
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs shopping list
- 11/2 tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal seasoning by McCormick) shopping list
- 2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package sliced baby portobello mushrooms shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 (14-ounce) cans beef broth shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute until soft, about 6 minutes.
- Put 1/2 of the onion in a large bowl and the remainder in another bowl. In the large bowl add the beef, bread crumbs, grill seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and the egg. Mix to combine everything well and form the mixture into 7 or 8 oval patties. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties until they are well browned, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove the steaks and pour off all but 2 tablespoons the fat. (The patties will not be cooked through and will finish cooking in the gravy.)
- Put the pan back on the heat, add the mushrooms with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the remaining onions, sprinkle in the flour, and cook for 2 minutes. Add the beef broth, and bring it to a boil. Return the patties to the pan, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the sauce has thickened and the steaks are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Serve Salisbury Steaks and Mushroom Gravy over hot cooked rice.
The Cooklittlesponger LA CRESCENTA, CA
The Rating5 people
High 5! LOVE this one,thankyou!High 5!lanabade in Goshen loved it
Love this thanks for a great post! Got my 5desertgal in Billings loved it
Wow! a terrific recipe!...high 5petunia97 in Gonzales loved it