Fructose Friendly Really Healthy Lemon Poppyseed Mini MuffinsFrom coubay 7 years ago
- 280grams wheat & brown rice free flour (due to being low on the regular kind I used a mix of rice flour, corn flour and spelt flour) Note if you have celiacs you can't have spelt but spelt is safe for gluten intolerance and Fructose Malabsorption. (I have since tried this with 80grams of buckwheat flour and 200 grams of gluten free/rice flour) and I am planning on adding a couple of teaspoons of flaxmeal to it) shopping list
- 100 grams almond meal shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda shopping list
- 0.25 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 teaspoons poppyseeds shopping list
- zest of one lemon shopping list
- 1 medium zucchini peeled and finely grated shopping list
- 1 handful of baby spinach finely shredded shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 100 mls lactose free milk shopping list
- 170grams sugar (I used caster sugar) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven 180C grease mini muffin trays
- combine the dry ingredients in a bowl & set aside.
- In a small bowl combine lemon zest & zucchini and spinach
- Beat eggs for approx 3 mins
- add zucchini/spinach/lemon zest, milk, lemon extract, Beat again until combined
- Working quickly fold in the dry ingredients with a spatula.
- Spoon into muffin trays and bake for 25mins or until golden.
- cool in tray for 10mins then remove