Easy Loaded-baked Potato SoupFrom taylordani11 6 years ago
- 5-9 red potatoes/with or without peelings (depends on how much you want to make) shopping list
- 3-5 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 small onion sliced (opt.) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 4-8 slices of bacon shopping list
- 1/2 cup or more Half and Half or Cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup or more sour cream with or without chives shopping list
- 1-4 Tbs. butter shopping list
- Any kind of shredded cheese (I like Sharp Cheddar) shopping list
- Chopped chives for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Roughly cube potatoes, peel and slice garlic, and add sliced onions (saute if you like, first) to a large sauce pan add salt and pepper to taste add water to cover about an inch.
- While potatoes are cooking, thinly slice bacon cross-wise and fry in a small pan 'til done. Drain.
- When potatoes are soft, mash coarsely with a potato masher. Add remaining ingredients, bacon and heat through.
- Top with shredded cheese &/or chives.
- REMEMBER measurements can vary according to your taste! Add red pepper flakes, greens, fresh tomatoes... You people should know by now, I'm flexible!
- Enjoy, Stewie!!!