Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers with OrzoFrom gennymac 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup orzo shopping list
- 4 bell peppers shopping list
- 2 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 lb left over turkey (or ground turkey) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 2 large shallots shopping list
- 1/4 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1 tsp tarragon shopping list
- 1 tsp rosemary shopping list
- 1 cup panco bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup mayonaise shopping list
How to make it
- Add 1 cup water to sauce pan
- Add cream
- Bring to boil
- Add orzo, turn down heat, cover.
- Cooke till aldente
- Cut bell peppers in half, clean out seeds, place in glass dish with a spritz of olive oil on bottom
- Rough chop shallots
- In food processor, chop pecans, sea salt, tarragon, rosemary, 1/2 cup bread crumbs together
- In skillet, add olive oil, shallots, saute till transluscent.
- Add sea salt, pecans, herb mixture
- Rough chop turkey add to herb mixture in skillet, if using ground turkey, cook in mixture.
- Add orzo, mayonaise and mix
- Spoon into bell peppers, bake covered at 350 for 45 mins.