Helen Tafts Turkey or Chicken CroquettesFrom summerhillie 5 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups leftover turkey/chicken finely chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 2 each eggs, beaten shopping list
- bread crumbs shopping list
- salt, pepper, nutmeg to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the chopped turkey or chicken with the onion and seasonings.
- Melt the butter, stir in the flour, and add this to the cream over a low flame before combining the two mixtures.
- Chill, forming little croquet shapes, roll in egg and then bread crumbs, and fry.
- Serve with rice, leftover giblet gravy and a fresh green salad.