Italian American Spaghetti SauceFrom heideth 7 years ago
- 1 # hamburger (or textured vegetable protein - TVP) shopping list
- about 1/2 stalk celery shopping list
- about 2-3 t. sugar shopping list
- 1 t. allspice shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 cans tomato past shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 c. romano cheese shopping list
- about 6 med. carrots shopping list
- 2 onions shopping list
- 1 t. nutmeg shopping list
- a little parsley or 1/8 t. minced garlic shopping list
- 1 large can tomatoes shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 275-300 degrees F.
- If using hamburger, fry hamburger in a little olive oil.
- Cut up fine carrots, celery, onions and parsley.
- Fry in a little olive oil.
- Add all the ingredient and cook about 5-6 hours in large pot in oven. Stir occasionally.
- Finely cut garlic, but don't fry.
- Add cheese about the last 1/2 hour before sauce has finished cooking.
- P.S. After emptying the tomato paste, fill each one with water and add to mixture. If the sauce is a little too thick, add a little water. It thickens as it cooks.