Pasta Fagioli with SausageFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound mild Italian sausages shopping list
- 1 carrot, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 rib celery, chopped fine shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh shopping list
- rosemary shopping list
- 6 cups drained and rinsed canned kidney beans (three 19-ounce shopping list
- cans) shopping list
- 2 3/4 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth or homemade stock shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup tubetti or other small macaroni shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderate heat.
- Add the sausages and cook, turning, until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, halve the sausages lengthwise and then cut crosswise into slices.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the pot over moderately low heat.
- Add the carrot, onion, celery, garlic, and rosemary.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Puree 4 cups of the beans with 1 1/4 cups of the broth in a blender or food processor.
- Add the puree to the pot along with the remaining 1 1/2 cups broth, the whole beans, bay leaf, and salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta.
- Cook the soup over moderate heat, partially covered, stirring frequently, until the pasta is done, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Stir in the sausage and the pepper.
- Cook until the sausage is warmed through, about 1 minute.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Sound good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it