Moroccan rice puddingFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- 3/4 cup arborio rice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon orange-flower water (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds shopping list
How to make it
- In a fine-mesh sieve, rinse the rice under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Transfer the rice to a medium saucepan.
- Add the water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the butter, cover and cook over low heat until the water is almost completely absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the milk and sugar and bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is tender, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in the orange-flower water and simmer for 1 minute.
- Transfer the rice pudding to a bowl and let cool; the pudding will firm up.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt the remaining 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Add the almonds and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until golden, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer the almonds to a plate to cool. Sprinkle the almonds over the pudding and serve.
- Make Ahead:
- The rice pudding can be refrigerated overnight.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
different rice sounds delcus high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
The Holiday Dessert Table123 members
Sweet Treats15 members
Rice Rice And More Rice60 members
Rice This Way Folks124 members
Anything With NUTs42 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice76 members
Stovetop Cooking12 members
Anything Rice16 members