Cheesy Potato SoupFrom gmorris440 4 years ago
- 10 potatoes shopping list
- 1 cups white or yellow onion chopped shopping list
- 1 cup red onion chopped shopping list
- 1 cup green onion chopped save the tops shopping list
- 1 cup celery chopped shopping list
- 2 TBS garlic diced shopping list
- 2-3 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2-2 cups cream shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 8oz pkg cream cheese shopping list
- 16 oz bacon shopping list
- 1tsp corn starch shopping list
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (to top soup) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped chives or the saved green onion tops shopping list
- salt and pepper for your taste shopping list
How to make it
- Peel 10 potatoes and cube
- Boil add salt and pepper to water, boil till almost tender. (Do NOT over cook, potatoes will cook more later)
- Take potatoes out and book bacon in the pot and cook till crispy. (Remove to drain and cool for topping later)
- Add next 6 ingredients to pot and mix well
- 1 cup onion
- 1cup celery
- 1 cup red onion
- 1 cup green onion
- 2 TBS garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add potatoes back
- Add 2-3 cups chicken broth
- Add enough cream to cover potatoes
- Simmer about 10 min.
- Add 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Add 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add 1 8oz pkg. of cream cheese
- After cheese has melted you can thicken with 1/2 cup milk and 1 tsp corn starch.
- Ladle up the soup add crumbled bacon and parmesan cheese and chives. Serve hot with some crusty bread and enjoy.
The Cookgmorris440 Seneca, MO
The Rating4 people
FANTASTIC FLAVORFUL "5"FORK!!!!! Soup!
There is a lot 'goin' on in this
recipe to create a 'Taste Sensation'!
Thank-you for sharing~
~*~mjcmcook~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
I love a good bowl of really good soup..
this sounds wonderful
Will be trying it this weekend
optimistic1_2 in Guelph loved it
Very good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!