CongeeFrom lukie4 7 years ago
- 1 stalk of chopped lemon grass shopping list
- 1/8 c. of uncooked jasmine rice shopping list
- 1 (2.5 lb.) of whole chicken shopping list
- 3 (2 in.) pieces of fresh ginger root shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of salt, or to taste shopping list
- 1/4 c. of chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1/8 c. of chopped fresh chives shopping list
- ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges shopping list
How to make it
- First you want to put the chicken in a pot.
- Now add enough water to cover them chicken.
- Next add in the ginger, lemon grass, and the salt.
- Then let this come to a boil, then reduce flame cooking approx. 1 1/2 hour.
- Next you can strain your broth and the pour back in pot.
- The chicken needs to cool, then you tear off chicken to put back into pot.
- Now stir in the rice, letting this boil, before reduce flame for about 30 min.
- Stir this occasionally, adding water if needed for at least 45 more min.
- Ladle into bowls. Top wit chicken, cilantro, chives and pepper.
- Lime juice is wonderful squeezed over the top!