Barbequed Rock LobsterFrom hopscotch 4 years ago
- 2 kg South Australian lobsters in 12 pieces shopping list
- 3 squid Tubes cleaned, scored criss-cross shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic shopping list
- ½ bunch mint leaf shopping list
- ½ bunch coriander leaf shopping list
- 3 long green chilli's split, de-seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1½ lemon lemons juiced shopping list
- 3 long Green shallots in rounds shopping list
- 1 cup Samphire blanched shopping list
- 3 long Red chilli's split, de-seeded and finely sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Place the pieces of lobster on a hot BBQ grill with extra virgin olive oil and salt.
- Add extra as you turn it.
- Be careful not to overcook it. When the lobster is close to being cooked, throw the squid on the BBQ and char grill until just cooked.
- In a mortar and pestle, make a dressing by crushing thegarlic with a little salt and the green chilli.
- Add the mint and coriander, lemon juice, olive oil and lots of pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix the shallots with the samphire and red chilli.
- Add the dressing then toss the lobster and squid through.
- Serve the lobster, squid and samphire on a large platter.
- Serves four as a shared dish.
- (Introducing Samphire, down under surely introduced tons of new things for me - thought I pass it along.)
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!