Butterscotch BrowniesFrom hopscotch 7 years ago
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1-1/3 cups flaked or shredded coconut shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 1/2 cup tiny marshmallows shopping list
- caramel-flavored ice cream topping (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a small saucepan melt 1/3 cup butter; stir in 2/3 cup brown sugar, the coconut, and 3/4 cup pecans. Pat evenly in prepared pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl beat 1/2 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add 1 cup brown sugar, the baking soda, and salt; beat until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Add flour and beat until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans and marshmallows. Spoon small mounds of mixture over coconut mixture in pan. Carefully spread to cover.
- 3. Bake about 20 minutes (mixture should be evenly browned; center may jiggle slightly when shaken). Cool in pan on wire rack. To serve, cut into bars. Drizzle with caramel topping. Makes 24 bars.
The Cookhopscotch CA
- Not added to any groups yet!