Butterscotch Pecan Bread PuddingFrom rhodesbread 6 years ago
How to make it
- Spread bread or roll cubes, 2/3 cup butterscotch morsels and pecans in the bottom of a sprayed 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In a heavy saucepan, cook 1 cup milk over medium heat, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes (do not boil).
- Remove from heat and add remaining butterscotch morsels, stirring until melted.
- Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining 1 cup milk, eggs and vanilla. Gradually stir about 1/4 of hot butterscotch mixture into egg mixture. Add egg mixture to remaining hot butterscotch mixture stirring constantly.
- Pour over bread cubes in baking pan.
- Press bread cubes down to absorb mixture.
- Bake at 350°F 30-35 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
The Cookrhodesbread Sandy, Utah
- Not added to any groups yet!