Chicken Adobo with Coconut Cream and Quail EggsFrom mommylotte 4 years ago
- 2 kilos of chicken choice cuts (thighs, drumsticks or wings, or a combination of two or all of them) shopping list
- 1-1/2 heads of garlic, crushed and peeled shopping list
- a tablespoonful of peppercorns shopping list
- 2 bay leaves (laurel) shopping list
- 3/4 cup of vinegar shopping list
- 3/4cup to 1 cup of soy sauce shopping list
- 200 ml of coconut cream (you can use powdered coconut cream) use 1 pack of powdered coconut cream. shopping list
- 24 quails eggs, hardboiled and shelled shopping list
- about a tablespoonful of toasted garlic bits shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the chicken adobo. Place the chicken pieces in a wide (non-aluminum) pan. Pour in the vinegar, add the crushed garlic, bay leaves and peppercorns.
- Bring to the boil without stirring. Allow to boil for about five minutes then stir. Cook over high heat until the chicken starts to render fat.
- Pour in the soy sauce, lower the heat and simmer for about 40 minutes. You really do not need to add water. The chicken will expel its own water during cooking and that’s enough liquid to cook the adobo.
- Scoop out the chicken pieces and transfer to a bowl.
- Remove the bay leaves and the peppercorns (not the garlic).
- Pour in the coconut cream and bring to a soft boil without covering the pan.
- Put back the chicken then simmer for about 30 sec.
- Add the boiled and peeled quail eggs.
- Sprinkle toasted garlic on top when serving.