Sweet And Sour ChickenFrom karlyn255 4 years ago
- •1/4 cup Pure New England maple syrup - Medium or Dark Amber shopping list
- •2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- •1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- •3/4 cups juice drained from canned pineapple shopping list
- •1/4 cup vinegar shopping list
- •1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- •3 cups cooked, sliced chicken shopping list
- •1/4 cup thinly sliced onion shopping list
- •1 cup drained canned pineapple chunks shopping list
- •1/2 cup thinly sliced celery strips, 1 inch long shopping list
- •2 tablespoons diced pimento shopping list
- •2 cups cooked rice shopping list
- •1 can or package of chow mein noodles shopping list
- •1/4 cup slivered toasted almonds (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine maple syrup, cornstarch and salt.
- Stir into pineapple liquid. Add vinegar and soy sauce.
- Bring liquids to boil over high heat and reduce heat, cooking until thick. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add chicken, onion, pineapple, celery and green pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pimento and cook one minute longer.
- Serve over rice, sprinkle with almonds and top with noodles.
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings.