Boneless Cross Rib RoastFrom brothernature 5 years ago
- 1 boneless cross rib roast (mine was 3.5 lbs) shopping list
- 3-4 medium sizes red potatoes shopping list
- 4-5 large carrots shopping list
- RUB shopping list
- 2TBS fine bread crumbs shopping list
- 1spike pressed garlic shopping list
- 2tsp basil shopping list
- 2tsp chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- For the potatoes and carrots shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 2 tsp seasoning salt shopping list
How to make it
- Peel ,section,and rinse the potatoes and carrots.
- mix the dry ingredients for the rub in a bowl.
- coat the potatoes and carrots with the olive oil and spread them in a large roasting pan, pour in the water and sprinkle lightly with the season salt.
- coat the roast with the rub and place in the center of the roasting pan.
- cooking time: preheat oven to 450
- roast for the first 15 mins at 450
- then reduce the heat to 350 and continue cooking for 15 mins per lb.
- for a better idea on cooking times check other recipes .
- my food always seems to be cooked just when I'm ready to eat,sometimes it's rare sometimes medium well
- it's all good
- oh yeah about the mushroom gravy : I just sliced some fresh mushrooms , saute'ed them in butter, then made pkg of knorr's gravy mix by the instructions , and combined the two .
The Cookbrothernature Winnipeg, CA
The Rating3 people
love rib roasts but never tried it this way, will need to give this a try,
Janetjlv1023 in Plymouth loved it
This recipe is excellent. The potatoes and carrots had flavor. The roast turned out medium rare, just the way I wanted it to, it is the first time I didn't over cook a roast. The rub a perfect complement The best thing of all my husband loved it, he...morezeenna in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!