Pineapple Cream Cheese SandwichesFrom cuzpat 7 years ago
- 3 medium carrots shopping list
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, raisins or mixed dried fruit bits shopping list
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds shopping list
- 6 6 or 7 inch Italian bread shells (Boboli) or Italian flat breads (focaccia) shopping list
- 2 8 ounce tubs cream cheese with pineapple shopping list
How to make it
- Peel carrots. With a vegetable peeler, carefully cut carrots into long, thin ribbons. Place ribbons in cold water to crisp. Set aside. In a small bowl combine dried cranberries, raisins or dried fruit bits with sunflower seeds. Slice bread shells or flat breads in half horizontally. For each sandwich, spread cream cheese with pineapple on both cut sides of bread. Sprinkle fruit seed mixture onto cream cheese. Drain carrots; pat dry. Add carrots to sandwich. Top with remaining half of bread. Slice sandwiches in half; wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours.