Creamy Curry Onion SoupFrom ummfood 5 years ago
- 3 large onions, sliced* shopping list
- 1 pint of heavy cream** shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of butter *,** shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of green chiles, diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of curry power shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of sofrito (click here for recipe) shopping list
- 1 cup of water shopping list
How to make it
- -In a saucepan melt the 2tbsp of butter on a medium heat, and add onions.
- -Sprinkle a little bit of salt to help draw moisture out of the onions.
- -Allow to cook uncovered and stirring until the onions become soft
- -Once soft, add curry powder and mix into the onions
- -Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes
- -Add remaining ingredients and bring to a gentle boil.
- -Once a gentle boil forms, turn the heat onto a low simmer
- -Allow to simmer covered for 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally
- -Once done, season to your liking with salt, pepper, and fresh herbs
The Cookummfood PA
- Not added to any groups yet!