How to cook PastaFrom elgourmand 5 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Bring the large pot of water to a rapid, rolling boil.
- 2. Add salt & pasta. Place lid back on pot until water comes back to the boil then gently stir paste to insure even cooking.
- 3. Thicker pasta will take longer to cook but start checking thin pasta after about ten minutes and thick types after 12 to 14 minutes.
- 4. When pasta is done el Dante (by the tooth) remove from heat and strain, do not over cook.
- 5. Rinse the pasta thoroughly with COLD tap water. This stops the cooking process and rinses away all the extra starch which can make pasts gummy.
- 6. When the pasta is rinsed and cool to the touch let it drain and sit for tin minutes.
- Yes, your sauce will have to be hot to heat up the pasta or you can put it in the microwave for a few minutes to warm it up. I’ve served pasta cooked this way to quite a few pure blood, old school Italians who were shocked to see me do it this way and then very pleased with the results.
The Cookelgourmand Apia, WS
- Not added to any groups yet!