Brussel Sprout Hash with Carmelized ShallotsFrom superfoodman 5 years ago
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided shopping list
- ½ pound shallots, thinly sliced shopping list
- Coarse kosher salt shopping list
- 4 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Saute until soft and golden about 10 minutes. Add vinegar and sugar. Stir until brown and glazed, about 3 minutes. Halve brussels sprouts lengthwise and then into thin ½ inch slices lengthwise. Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add sprouts; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute until brown at edges, about 6 minutes. Add 1 cup water and 3 tablespoons butter. Saute until most of water evaporates,and sprouts are tender but still bright green, about 3 minutes. Add shallots, season with salt and pepper.
The Cooksuperfoodman Metropolis, IL
The Rating4 people
Love brussell sprouts cooked anyway!
Awesome post and a 5 forkerozsmom in Nepean loved it
Yummy!goodeat in Benton loved it
I really like brussell sproutshungrybear in Miner loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!