Seafood GumboFrom superfoodman 4 years ago
- 1 Tablespoon of butter shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons of flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 3 pounds of chicken thighs shopping list
- 3 cups of chopped onions shopping list
- 2 green bell peppers diced shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic shopping list
- 4 cups of chopped okra shopping list
- 2 quarts chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of chopped herb: fresh thyme, fresh sage, 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 4 pounds of seafood (lobster, clams, crayfish tails, shrimp, scallops, white fish-sea bass) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the following in a 12 quart pot.
- Roux: Brown 2 tablespoons of flour and 1 stick of butter
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Brown chicken thighs over high heat in olive oil.
- Sauté onions and garlic over medium heat in olive oil until translucent, add okra and bell peppers. Sauté for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add chicken and roux to the onion and okra mixture, add chicken stock, seasonings and let simmer for an hour.
- 20 minutes before serving, add seafood and let the gumbo simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl with a side of rice.