Hummus bi Tahina Chickpea and Sesame DipFrom aussie_meat_pie 4 years ago
- 125 g (4 oz) chickpeas, soaked for a few hours shopping list
- juice of 2 lemons shopping list
- 3 Tbs. tahina shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- salt shopping list
- GARNISH shopping list
- 1 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1 tsp. paprika shopping list
- a few sprigs of parsley, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Drain the chickpeas and simmer in fresh water for about an hour or until tender. Reserve the cooking water.
- Process the chickpeas in a blender (or food processor) with the lemon juice, tahina, garlic, salt and enough of the cooking liquid to obtain a soft creamy consistency.
- Serve on a flat plate, garnished with a dribble of olive oil, a dusting of paprika (this is usually done in the shape of a cross) and a little parsley.
- Serve with warm pita bread for dipping.
The Cookaussie_meat_pie My Kitchen, AU
The Rating4 people
luv chickpeas awsmoe dip thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it