Hearty Vegan Wild Rice SoupFrom missnaomimarie 7 years ago
- 6 tablespoons non-dairy margarine shopping list
- 2 medium onions shopping list
- 8 strips vegan bacon shopping list
- 1+ cup carrots, stew cut shopping list
- 2+ cups unpeeled red potatoes, stew cut shopping list
- 6 cups veggie broth shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked wild rice shopping list
- 5 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup non-dairy milk shopping list
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in large soup pot over medium to medium-high heat. Add bacon pieces and onions; saute until onions are cooked and bacon starts to brown.
- Add broth, water, carrots, potatoes, and rice. Cover and cook on medium until rice is chewy and done (about 40-45 minutes).
- Combine flour and non-dairy milk in a tightly sealed jar and shake well; add to soup. (If this is too thick at this point, add a bit more water.)
- Add nutritional yeast.
- Preparation time: 60 minutes
The Cookmissnaomimarie Toronto, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!