Crab Rangoon For 30 days of Din SumFrom karlyn255 4 years ago
- 8 ounces cream cheese shopping list
- 8 ounces fresh crab meat or canned crab meat, drained and flaked shopping list
- 1 teaspoon red onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Lea & Perrins worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 green onion, finely sliced shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, smashed, peeled, and finely minced shopping list
- 1 package won ton wrappers shopping list
- 1 small bowl water shopping list
- oil for deep-frying, as needed shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the cream cheese and crab meat. Mix in the remaining six filling ingredients (up to the wonton wrappers) one at a time.
- On a flat surface, lay out a won ton wrapper in front of you so that it forms 2 triangles (not a square).
- Wet the edges of the won ton.
- Add 1 teaspoon of filling to the middle, and spread it out toward the left and right points of the wrapper so that it forms a log or rectangular shape (otherwise the wrapper may break in the middle during deep-frying).
- Fold over the edges of the wrapper to make a triangle.
- Wet the edges with water and press together to seal.
- Keep the completed Crab Rangoon covered with a damp towel or paper towel to keep them from drying out while preparing the remainder.
- Heat wok and add oil for deep-frying.
- When oil is ready (the temperature should be between 360 - 375 degrees), carefully slide in the Crab Rangoon, taking care not to overcrowd the wok. Deep-fry until they are golden brown, about 3 minutes, turning once. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
- Serve hot with Sweet and Sour Sauce or Chinese Hot Mustard.
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating2 people
I like the blend of flavours in this.aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it