Spiced CrabapplesFrom nancerose 8 years ago
How to make it
- Make syrup by boiling the sugar and water. Tie cinnamon and cloves in cheesecloth. Prick the crapapples this helps to avoid bursting while cooking.
- Wash crabapples and remove blossom end. Prick each crabapple 3 or 4 times.
- Pack crabapples into hot sterilized quart jars.
- Cover with boiling syrup, leaving 1/2 in headspace. Adjust headspace. Wipe rim. Seal. Place in a boiling water bath and process for 20 minutes.
- Makes 3 quarts
The Cooknancerose Longlac, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!