Savoury RiceFrom fergie 5 years ago
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- soy sauce shopping list
- Handful of Sundried tomatoes. thinly sliced. shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves – Finely Chopped shopping list
- 3cm Root ginger – Finely chopped shopping list
- 2 Red Chillis – Sliced thinly (Optional) shopping list
- 1 Medium onion – Finely sliced shopping list
- 250g mushroom – sliced thinly shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper – Chopped into ½ cm cubed shopping list
- 500g basmati rice shopping list
How to make it
- In large pan, wash the rice, then boil until soft and ready to serve.
- Drain the rice and leave to one side.
- In a large wok, heat the oil on a high heat.
- Garlic, Ginger and Chilli’s and stir fry for 1 min
- Add the Onions and stir fry until the onions have softened (about 5 mins) add a drop of Soy sauce about half way through.
- Green Bell Pepper, plus a little more soy Sauce and stirfry for a further 2 to 3 mins.
- Add the Mushrooms, and a little more Soy sauce, and stir fry for about 2 mins or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the Sundried Tomatoes.
- Cook for about 1 min on a medium heat.
- Add the Rice and a generous splash of Soy Sauce (to taste) to the Wok and mix with the vegetables.
- Once all the juices from the sauces have soaked into the rice, this only takes a minute or so, transfer the rice to a serving bowl and ENJOY !
The Cookfergie Sevenoaks, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!