Creamed Turkey LegsFrom goodeat 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place turkey legs in a roasting pan. Roast about 1 hour, until a meat thermometer shows that the internal temperature is 165 degrees F.
- Take the meat off the bone; discard the skin and bones. Cut or tear the meat into bite-size pieces.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add flour; stir and cook for a few minutes. Add milk and thyme, and stir until smooth.
- Add turkey; simmer until sauce is thickened. If it becomes too thick, add more milk and cook a little longer.
- Remove from heat. Remove thyme sprig, and season creamed turkey with salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon over split biscuits or buttered toast points.