Braised Firm Tofu with TomatoesFrom kateyb1 5 years ago
- 1 x 300g packet of firm tofu shopping list
- 5 small tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tbs peanut oil shopping list
- 5cm (2 inch) piece of ginger, finely sliced shopping list
- 1 tbs brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tbs shao hsing wine shopping list
- 2 tbs brown rice vinegar (white rice vinegar is also fine) shopping list
- 2 tbs light soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil shopping list
- 2 spring onions (scallions) trimmed and cut into 5cm (2 inch) lengths shopping list
- pinch of ground pepper (preferably white) shopping list
How to make it
- cut tofu into 5cm x 2.5cm (2 inch x 1 inch) pieces and drain well onto kitchen paper.
- cut tomatoes in half lengthways, then cut into four wedges
- heat peanut oil in a hot work until surface seems to shimmer slightly. Carefully add tofu and sear for 1 minute or until lightly browned, then turn over and sear the other side.
- add tomatoes and ginger and stir-fry for a further 2 mins, being careful not to break up tofu.
- add sugar and stir-fry for a minute until caramelised.
- add shao hsing and stir-fry for a further minute.
- stir through vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and spring onions.
- serve immediately, sprinkled with pepper.
- serve with rice. great as part of a shared meal with an accompanying meat dish, if you prefer.
The Cookkateyb1 Adelaide South Australia, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!