Yankified Grits Aka Mascarpone Herbed Polenta-ciFrom keni 5 years ago
- 1 cup fine or coarse cornmeal* shopping list
- 4 cups cold water shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
- 3Tbutter, softened shopping list
- 2T fresh herb(to compliment your meal examples: dill, sage, basil, cilantro, parsley, etc) or 1T dried shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh Parmesan, grated shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare polenta by slowly whisking cornmeal and salt into water over medium heat.
- Bring to boil, whisking occasionally
- Reduce heat and continue to cook on low for 30-40 minutes, until thick and creamy, stirring often
- Whisk together butter and herb until combined
- After polenta is done, whisk in herb butter, pepper and cheeses
- *this can be made much quicker using the prepared polenta roll. Just soften it in a sauce pan adding about 1/4-1/3 cup water and stirring or "mashing", to combine, and heated through. Then, just continue with the recipe at step 4
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating4 people
keni gf where in the heck have you been???? missed you are you ok???
whats up??? anything new ???
nice to see you ............great recipe by the way !! thanks !!
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
As A D*** Yankee Myslf, I Have Grown To Really Like Grits. This However, Could Make One LOVE Grits.goblue434 in Anniston loved it
I just Love how You have 'tweaked'
the recipe for 'Grits'! "5"FORK!!!!!
for the Flavor combination~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it