Asian SalmonFrom zk 4 years ago
- 2 1/4 lbs. salmon fillet shopping list
- 1 C. soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 C rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 C fresh squeezed lemon juice(2 lemons approx) shopping list
- 2 tbl oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 tbl fish sauce shopping list
- 1 tbl dark sesame oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp chili paste (or more) shopping list
- 1/2 C sliced scallions (or more) shopping list
- 2 tbl minced garlic ( I did 2 cloves) shopping list
- 2 tbl grated fresh ginger(or more) shopping list
- 1 1/2 c panko(japanese bread crumbs, no substitution) shopping list
How to make it
- Line 9x13 inch baking pan with tin foil.
- Place the salmon in the pan
- In a mixing cup, combine the soy sauce,rice vinegar, lemon juice,oyster sauce, fish sauce,sesame oil, chili paste, scallions, garlic and ginger.
- Pour 1/3 of the soy sauce mixture over salmon fillet.
- Sprinkle the panko evenly over the fillet.
- Pour the rest of the soy sauce mixture evenly over the fillet.
- Be sure to soak the panko completely and if any crumbs run off, spoon them back on to the salmon.
- Set aside for 15 minutes, leaving all the sauce in pan.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Roast the salmon for 18 - 20 minutes, or for about 12 minutes per inch at the thickest part of the salmon.
- The internal temp. should be 120 degrees.
- Remove from oven, cover with tin foil and allow to rest for 15 min. Serve hot or at room temp.