Granola BarsFrom winkaway 7 years ago
- * 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal shopping list
- * 1 cup sliced almonds shopping list
- * 1 cup shredded coconut, loosely packed shopping list
- * 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ shopping list
- * 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- * 2/3 cup honey shopping list
- * 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed shopping list
- * 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract shopping list
- * 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- * 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates shopping list
- * 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots shopping list
- * 1/2 cup dried cranberries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter an 8 by 12-inch baking dish and line it with parchment paper.
- Toss the oatmeal, almonds, and coconut together on a sheet pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl and stir in the wheat germ.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Place the butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook and stir for a minute, then pour over the toasted oatmeal mixture.
- Add the dates, apricots, and cranberries and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Cool for at least 2 to 3 hours before cutting into squares.
- Serve at room temperature.
The Cookwinkaway Nowhere
- Not added to any groups yet!