Lighten up Chicken ParmesanFrom sharebear1 6 years ago
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 8 (3-ounces each) chicken cutlets shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups purchased marinara sauce or your homemade version shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella shopping list
- 16 teaspoons grated Parmesan shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- 2.Stir the oil and herbs in a small bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Brush both sides of the cutlets with the herb oil. Heat a heavy large oven-proof skillet over high heat. Add the cutlets and cook just until brown, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- 3.Spoon the marinara sauce over and around the cutlets. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of mozzarella over each cutlet, then sprinkle 2 teaspoons of Parmesan over each. Sprinkle the butter pieces atop the cutlets. Bake until the cheese melts and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes.
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!