Sausage And Tomato Over Pasta DinnerFrom katzilla 4 years ago
- 1 box. pasta, any kind. I prefer penne. shopping list
- 1lb. smoked sausage (Twin-pack). shopping list
- 14 oz. can mushrooms, rinsed and diced. shopping list
- 1 small (or 1/2 medium) onion, diced. shopping list
- 1 14.5 oz. can Diced or whole tomatoes (chopped). shopping list
- 1 8oz. can tomato sauce. shopping list
- Optional: 1 Fresh green bell pepper, diced, or 1/2 cup frozen. shopping list
- sugar. shopping list
- margarine or butter shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- dried rosemary shopping list
- granulated garlic shopping list
- italian seasoning shopping list
- Dried oregano shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare your pasta.
- Slice your sausages in half, length-wise. Rotate 90 degrees and slice them again. Put the sausage perpendicular to your knife and chop your sausage into small pieces.
- In a hot, large skillet or pot, melt 1 tablespoons of butter or margarine.
- When it begins to foam, add the sausage. Stir frequently over medium-high heat until the sausage is cooked through and is dark and crispy on the edges.
- Add your onions, mushrooms, and green peppers if desired, and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook until they begin to break down.
- Before adding your sauce, add your spices. A pinch of salt, Rosemary, and Oregano, a little more for the pepper, Garlic, and Italian Seasoning.
- Add a small amount of sugar to cut the acidity of the tomatoes, if desired.
- Add tomato sauce. Let cook for five minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve over hot pasta.