Vegan Chocolate CakeFrom floomfloomityfloom 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups organic, unbleached flour, sifted(regular flour works) shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons organic cocoa powder, sifted(regular cocoa works) shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 cup evaporated cane juice (organic sugar) (regular sugar works ) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 5 T canola oil (may substitute safflower oil) shopping list
- 2 tsp raspberry vinegar *optional shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk (if batter seems too thick, add more) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place flour, cocoa, baking powder and soda, sugar and salt in a medium size mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the soy milk, oil, vinegar, and vanilla into the flour mixture.
- Whisk the wet and dry ingredients together until smooth, then pour into a 9 x 9 inch baking pan. (Spray cake pan with nonstick cooking spray before pouring in cake batter.)
- Bake at 350 F for about 25 - 30 minutes; test with a toothpick. It is done when toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a cooling rack, then remove from pan. I find that cakes easily slip out of glass baking dishes once they have thoroughly cooled.
The Cookfloomfloomityfloom St Cloud, MN
The Rating11 people
loved it. I have made it twice. wonderful raspberry taste.
darling114 in FRANKLIN loved it
Looks good my wifes B-day is comming up so I will be using this one on the 2nd of March for here 33rd.richcrisler in Kobe loved it
What about the frosting was it Vegan???richcrisler in Kobe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!