Baked Chicken with AsparagusFrom mgeistert 4 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven 425
- Place chicken in glass baking dish breast side down.
- Insert lemon rinds into cavity of chicken.
- Pour 1/2 lemon juice over chicken.
- Pour 1 tbls butter over chicken.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teas tarragon and thyme.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Place in oven bake for 20 minutes until browned.
- Remove from oven turn temp down to 375.
- Turn chicken breast side up.
- Add remaining juice, butter & seasonings.
- Return to oven bake 40 minutes.
- Place asparagus into pan around chicken coat with chicken drippings.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is throughly cooked and asparagus is tender.