Pork Loin with Roasted Apples and ShallotsFrom way2nrml 7 years ago
- 3 Tbs. olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 Tbs. reduced-sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 1 (4 lb. ) pork loin shopping list
- 2 C. shallots, peeled and halved or quartered shopping list
- 3 med. apples (or pears), peeled, quartered and cored shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt, divided shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced in half lengthwise shopping list
- fresh thyme sprigs shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large zip-top bag, combine 2 Tbs. oil, soy sauce and lemon juice. Add pork and coat evenly. Marinate at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a roasting pan, toss shallots and apples with 1 Tbs. olive oil and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Remove meat from marinade. Make 6 slits in the fatty side of the pork; insert garlic and thyme sprigs.
- Place pork in roasting pan in center of apple mixture. Roast 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees F and cook until meat reaches about 165 degrees F (about 60 minutes).
- Remove pork roast from oven and let stand at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with apples and shallots on top.