Orange ChickenFrom mommylotte 5 years ago
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (chopped into cubes) shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 raw egg (beaten) shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 Tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup water shopping list
- 5 Tbsp orange juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch (diluted in 2 Tbsp water) shopping list
- 1/4 cup vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Tsp garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup green onions (chopped into small pieces) shopping list
How to make it
- Pat dry the chicken cubes and season with little salt and pepper.
- Place the flour in a resealable container, add the measured salt and ground black pepper. Cover the container then shake well.
- Dip the chicken cubes on the beaten egg and place inside the container.Close it then shake well until the chicken cubes are nicely coated. (You may place 4 chicken cubes at a time).
- Deep fry the chicken cubes until the color turns golden brown.Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- In a pan, pour the water, soy sauce, vinegar and orange juice. Bring to boil.
- Add the minced garlic and simmer for about 5 mins.
- Add the sugar and simmer for 3 minutes or just until the sugar is fully dissolved.(Adjust the amount of sugar if you used sweetened orange juice).
- Add the chopped green onions and cornstarch mixture. Mix well.
- Add the deep-fried chicken cubes on the pan and cook until the chicken are fully coated with sauce.
- Serve hot.