French Onion Omelette - Oui The OeufsFrom alisdhair 6 years ago
- 1 cup of demi-glaze shopping list
- 1 ½ cups of veal stock shopping list
- Half a cup of strong Burgundy wine shopping list
- A hint of Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion shopping list
- 1 large white onion shopping list
- a few scallions shopping list
- 8 oz of aged swiss cheese , in large thin slices shopping list
How to make it
- Make a simple glaze by reducing the demi-glaze, stock and wine together by two-thirds. Season with the mustard.
- Cut the ends from those onions and peel off the extreme layers but keep them whole. Slice them as thinly as possible. Cut the scallions into long extremely thin strips. Yes, they will curl but all the prettier.
- Sauté the onions in butter until they are deeply caramelised - a drop of honey could be added to further sweeten them and season with salt and black pepper. Save them for later.
- Make your omelettes, make them round- I suggest 3 eggs for each and a bit of double cream. Divide the onions in half and use them to fill each one folding them over in the famous half moon shape.
- Drizzle the glaze evenly over each one and set 4 oz. of the cheese over the top of each. Arrange the scallions on top and set them beneath a broiler to brown.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
The Cookalisdhair Falcarragh, IE
- Not added to any groups yet!