Sun-Dried Tomato PestoFrom thepoint 5 years ago
- 12 ounces tomato paste shopping list
- 1 cup fresh basil -- chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil -- or more if needed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons garlic -- minced shopping list
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes -- packed in oil, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweet onions -- chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar -- or sugar substitute shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano -- rubbed between your palms shopping list
How to make it
- In a blender, process all ingredients. Blend to the consistency of a spreadable paste. Chill in the refrigerator until serving.
- NOTES : We use this when we make Eggplant and Three-Cheese sandwiches. It is also great spread on garlic bread, and we use it in our Capellini Pomodoro.