Spaghetti and MeatballsFrom cherylnail 7 years ago
- 3 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 yellow onion finely diced shopping list
- kosher salt and ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 c. torn pieces crustless white bread shopping list
- 1/2 c. buttermilk shopping list
- 2 lbs ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 5 oz. mozzerella cheese cut into 1" cubes shopping list
- 7 Cups of your favorite tomato sauce or pasta sauce shopping list
- 1/1/2 lbs spaghetti, cooked and dreained shopping list
- Grated parmigiano cheese for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In large saute/ simmer pan over meduim heat, warm 1 tbsp oil.
- Add onion and salt and cook 10 min. Add garlic and cook 1 min.
- Let cool in bowl
- Combine bread and buttermilk
- Add beef, onion mixture,, parsley, theyme, 1 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper: mix with hands until cohesive.
- Form into 10 meatballs.
- Stuff cheese cube into center of each one, re roll meatball
- In same pan over med. high heat warm 2 tbsp oil
- Brown meatballs in 2 batches
- 8 min per batch, transfer to plate.
- Pour tomoato sauce into pan, add meatballs.
- Simmer over medium heat turning meatballs once until cooked through, 25-30 min.
- Serve spaghetti in bowls; top with sauce and meatballs, pass cheese alongside