Sopes And Poached EggsFrom jena 7 years ago
- 2 cups MASECA® Amarilla corn masa flour shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 15 oz. refried beans shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups poblano chile strips or bell peppers if you want it to be less picante. shopping list
- 1/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup cream cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup corn kernels shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon shopping list
- 1/3 cup sliced onion shopping list
- 8 eggs shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine MASECA, salt, and water; knead to form masa (dough).
- Cover with damp towel.
- Divide masa into eight balls and shape into flat, 1/2” thick tortillas or sopes.
- On a hot oiled comal or griddle, cook tortillas 3 – 4 minutes per side.
- Set aside covered to keep warm.
- To shape sopes, pinch edges of tortilla to form a border. If sopes are too hot, moisten fingertips to avoid burning them.
- To poach eggs, place in a microwave poacher with one tablespoon of water and cook for 90 seconds. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet and fry sopes until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Spread warm refried beans over each sope, add a poached egg, and top with Poblano cream.
- Poblano cream:
- In a skillet heat one tablespoon of oil and cook onion until transparent.
- Add Poblano chile strips and corn, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, and chicken bouillon.
- Cook for another 4 minutes to allow flavors to blend.