Buttered Rum Cider Glazed Mini Pork RoastsFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 2 (1lb) pork tenderloins,each cut crosswise into 3 pieces shopping list
- 2 Tbs butter,sotened,divided shopping list
- 1 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 c apple cider shopping list
- 3 tbs rum or 1 tsp rum extract shopping list
- 1 Tbs lt brown sugar,packed shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine nutmeg,allspice,salt,pepper in small bowl;rub over all sides of pork.
- Heat 1 Tbs butter and oil in large skillet over med. heat till butter is melted and oil is hot. Increase heat to med-high,cook pork in batches 3 to 4 mins or until browned on all sides,adjusting heat if needed. Place on foil-lined rimmed baking shee;reserveskillet. ( Pork can be made to this point 8 hours ahead). Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine cider,rum and brown sugar in small bowl. Remove drippings from skillet. Heat skillet over high heat till hot. Pour in cider mixture;boil till slightly thickened (bottom of skillet will show when stirring). Whisk in remaining 1 Tbs butter;bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Bake pork 10 mins;increase oven temp to 375 degrees. Brush pork with some of the cider glaze;bake additional 10-15 mins or till internal temp is 140-145 degrees. Cover loosely with foil;let stand 10 mins.
- Meanwhile,pour any pan juices into remaining glaze;boil 1 min. Serve over pork.