Chicken Liver PateFrom thyme4ma 5 years ago
- 1 pound chicken livers, well-trimmed shopping list
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed and peeled shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves, rubbed shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 stick, unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cognac or brandy shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chicken livers, onion, garlic, bay leaf, thyme and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Add the water and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the livers are barely pink inside, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the livers, onion and garlic to a food processor; process until coarsely pureed.
- With the machine on, add the butter, 2 tablespoons at a time, until incorporated.
- Add the Cognac, season with salt and pepper and process until completely smooth.
- Scrape the pâté into 2 or 3 large ramekins.
- Press a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the pâté and refrigerate until firm.
- Serve chilled with Toasted baguette slices and Crudités.
- Freeze any leftovers (ha!) for future use up to 4 months.
The Cookthyme4ma Kissimmee, FL
The Rating1 people
Fried Chicken Livers rate pretty high on my list of faves. I can't see any reason why this version wouldn't do the same... especially because it's tasty, and almost as importantly because it's CHEAP ;-) Thanks and a ^5 to you. This is great.windy1950 in Flint loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!